THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Widgets

Outfits: Easyriders Rodeo Revisited

photo by Tom Storm - Raivyn dK - Easyriders Rodeo 2013 Chillicothe OH - tattoos - Fuxleep t-shirt, Decree shorts, Hot Topic socks, Converse sneakers
Last month, when I went to Chillicothe, OH, I met a new friend, Tom Storm, who took some candid shots of me on the job. All of the photos in this post were taken by him. (Thanks, Tom!)

While I had a lot of fun, the 15 hour work days were rough! The guys, our clients, and many of the other tattoo artists I've had the chance to meet were a pleasure to hang with, so I can't complain.

After work, we spent plenty of time enjoying the excitement of 'the pit'. Not too late though- we had to be up at the crack of dawn every morning.

As for sleeping arrangements, we camped. In tents. And I had a 7x7' midget dome tent. It held up quite well through a storm one night, which I slept through (I was so tired!), and I woke up to a giant puddle that took up almost half the tent. Fuck that, no, it was a pond. Fortunately though, my clothes and other important stuff stayed dry.

photo by Tom Storm - Raivyn dK - Easyriders Rodeo 2013 Chillicothe OH - tattoos - Fuxleep t-shirt, Decree shorts, Hot Topic socks, Converse sneakers

I had a major wardrobe malfunction right from the start- that's my luck. A heel blew out on my stompy boots, rendering them completely unwearable. Fortunately, one of the guys came to the rescue and let me wear his Converse. (A whole size too big, but they saved my ass.) Unfortunately, this meant my leather corset and some of the other dressier stuff I'd packed were out. I made due with the other random items I'd packed just in case something was to happen... Go me!

photo by Tom Storm - Raivyn dK - Easyriders Rodeo 2013 Chillicothe OH - tattoos - Fuxleep t-shirt, black shorts, fishnet stockings, Hot Topic socks, Converse sneakers

Although it was more of a work-away-from-home thing than an actual vacation, it really did feel like a vacation and was a wonderful trip. I didn't get to see the barstool races and all the other fun events, but I did get to experience the chaos that is the Easyriders Rodeo... and I'll never forget it!

photo by Tom Storm - Raivyn dK - Easyriders Rodeo 2013 Chillicothe OH - tattoos - Fuxleep t-shirt, black shorts, fishnet stockings, Hot Topic socks, Converse sneakers

I absolutely love life on the road. It's where I feel most at ease, more than any other home I've had. I'm a traveler, an adventurer by nature. The spontaneity is liberating.

Have you gone anywhere lately? What did you wear?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for reading! Please take a moment to leave a comment- this is a do-follow blog, so share a link to your own blog or social media account! ;) [NO SPAMMING]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...