THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Widgets

This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race

Ahhh, style blogging... there are so many horrible, offensive things I could say about this niche. But I won't.

To quote Fall Out Boy:
"This ain't a scene, it's a goddamned arms race."

There is so much competition and animosity in the fashion world. Everyone feels the need to outdo everyone else. Bloggers determine their worth based on how much free shit they get. Bonus points if they get Fashion Week invites. And those who don't, adopt the 'fake it til you make it' mindset.

Every now and then I question why I got into personal style blogging in the first place.

This isn't narcissism, if that's what you're thinking. This is a way to track my style as it evolves, write about the things I like (and what's on my mind), and maybe even inspire others in some way. I enjoy expressing myself with (anti)fashion; I am not a slave to trends.

People either like me or they don't. Those who don't are usually intimidated due to a reason of their own.

I don't care who's wearing what (and by whom) to whatever fancy ceremony, party, etc.

And in all honesty, I really don't care what people think about what I wear. I dress to impress myself, and to feel beautiful and confident. If I inspire you, awesome! If you hate it, move along.

Haters gonna hate. There is nothing you can do about that, but understand that the more people talk, even if it's negative, the more you're affecting them on a personal level. As a blogger, this is a very good thing. It's when they stop talking, then you need to be concerned.

"I am an arms dealer
Fitting you with weapons in the form of words
And I don't really care which side wins
As long as the room keeps singing
That's just the business I'm in" 

Ready. Aim. Fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for reading! Please take a moment to leave a comment- this is a do-follow blog, so share a link to your own blog or social media account! ;) [NO SPAMMING]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...