THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Widgets

Introducing: Frugal Life

Frugal rhymes with Bugle(s). Yum!
Sundays are when I tend to do most of my drugstore shopping (for razors, shower stuff, hair care, deodorant, cheap makeup deals, etc), and I'm frugal as fuck.

Granted, I'm not an extreme couponer, but by mixing coupons and sales, and bonus packs when possible, I save a LOT of money. And that, my friends, is my secret to affording some of the finer things in life - be frugal as fuck.

I think, by blogging my receipts, I will be able to track my spending habits better, as well as get a feel for trends in sales. I can share some of my coupon strategies with you guys from time to time as well.

Just check out the frugal life tag for my latest shopping updates.

Today the BF and I grabbed a small breakfast at McDonald's (we never eat there, but I had coupons- read on) before going to Walgreens for some personal care supplies. He's very pleasant to shop with BTW, I handle the numbers and he carries the shit for me.

At McDonald's, we had:
2 breakfast sandwiches - BOGO coupon
2 large iced coffees - BOGO coupon

Total after tax:
$6.13
That's 50% savings.

I can't imagine paying full price for the sandwiches. The coffees, yes.
With the coupons, it was worth it.

At Walgreens, I bought:
2 Speed Stick - BOGO sale + $1 off 2 coupon
Gillette disposable razors bonus pack - $3 off coupon
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 113 - $1 off coupon

Total after tax:
$17.43
I saved $8.29 (34%)


This wasn't the most I've saved on a shopping trip (I think the best was 89% at Walgreens and 74% at Weis), but not bad. I feel accomplished. And I get to try out a new lipstick, which really wasn't on the shopping list in the first place...

Are you a couponer? What things have you saved on recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for reading! Please take a moment to leave a comment- this is a do-follow blog, so share a link to your own blog or social media account! ;) [NO SPAMMING]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...