THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

Monday, January 20, 2014

Widgets

I Don't Read Fashion Blogs, And Here's Why

Before you give me a lecture on the importance of networking and reading other blogs in your niche, hear me out-

I don't read other fashion/style blogs for a very good reason.

Here's why:

When you spend so much time on other peoples' blogs, taking in their style, watching what they do... you eventually begin modeling yourself and your posts after those people and their blogs.

Not that it's a bad thing- it's great for beginning bloggers who need and/or want to learn. But as an experienced blogger (I began online journaling back in 2002, before 'blogging' was even a word), I know exactly who I am. I know (for the most part) what I want to include on this blog. I know what I like, as well as what I don't like.

And I don't want to lose that. I'll look for inspiration and material for reference, but that's it.

Fuck fashion, and fuck everyone who thinks you have to blog a certain way to be considered successful. 'Success' is defined by the blogger, and the goals he/she has set for him/herself.

You set your own rules, and don't let anyone tell you differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for reading! Please take a moment to leave a comment- this is a do-follow blog, so share a link to your own blog or social media account! ;) [NO SPAMMING]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...