THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Widgets

Makeup: Black Mystery Smoky Eyes


Lately I've been wearing a basic soft black smoky eye (no eyeliner), and playing around with different sparkly loose pigments. My favorite right now is Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in 30 Black Mystery. The blue sparkles are so cool! 

Today I skimped on my makeup routine (no primers or highlighters!), but I think it's good to take a break every now and then, and not obsess over the little things. 

What I'm wearing: 
Sephora eyeshadow N*13 Peach Beige 

Brushes: 


I applied the black shadow all over my eyelids, as well as underneath, with a damp makeup brush, to help it last longer and avoid the black powder falling onto my cheeks (which, the black on super-pale skin can make a terrible mess). I like to use a somewhat thick (but flat) brush for a more dramatic effect. Then I highlight my browbones, and underneath my eyes, with a nude shimmer shadow. I usually skip eyeliner these days because with dark eye makeup, a harsh line is a bit too much with light blonde hair, I think. 

FYI: 
Regardless of bad skin days or unflattering lighting, I will not retouch my photos here. (This, of course, does not apply when I work with other photographers, as those photos are products of their talents.) As a personal style/beauty blogger, I am exposing myself to you- I think you should see me as I really am. This isn't about vanity, it's about documenting my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for reading! Please take a moment to leave a comment- this is a do-follow blog, so share a link to your own blog or social media account! ;) [NO SPAMMING]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...