THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

Monday, May 5, 2014

Widgets

What's In My Makeup Bag: May 2014


What's in my makeup bag: 
Studio Gear CC Cream in Linen [light] 
Rimmel Natural Bronzer 027 Sun Dance 
Rimmel Glam Eyes eyeshadow palette 027 Brick Lane 
Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick 642 Nude Delight 

I've been drawn to shimmery nude palettes lately, since they're so quick and easy to apply- no need for precision -and with a light dusting of bronzer, really make your skin glow. Simple and effective. 

I go out walking/hiking a lot, and this is the time of year I switch to tinted moisturizers and CC creams with SPF. Nothing looks worse than heavy foundation on a hot, sunny day.. especially if it's the wrong color, which happens to all of us as we tan. Use a lighter formula, like a CC cream with SPF [20 or higher]. 

Sun protection is important! I started using Vitamin C serums recently, which provide additional protection [among a ton of other benefits]. [Note: Vitamin C serums are not a replacement for sunscreen.] Try to use makeup, and especially lip products, with SPF. If you dye your hair, you will want to use products to protect against fading. I make sure to spray my scalp [since my hair is short and braided] with sunblock before going out in harsh sunlight. Burnt scalp sucks! I learned that the hard way. 

Sunlight is good, but I strongly advise against tanning. It fades tattoos and makes you age quicker. 

Love your skin. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for reading! Please take a moment to leave a comment- this is a do-follow blog, so share a link to your own blog or social media account! ;) [NO SPAMMING]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...